Thursday 22 August 2013

OOTD // Gypsy Gurrl

    
(Excuse the poor quality photos and mucky mirror, shoulda cleaned it before hand!)
Bad news incoming... My Grandma sadly passed away last week, so I've had a terrible week and it didn't help that I was ill the next couple of days either! Grammy had an awful illness called Lewy Body Disease which is a form of dementia closely associated with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diease which I think affects the brain and the motor skills of the body so I suppose it's reassuring that she isn't suffering any more. 

When we were clearing out her house and sorting through her stuff, I got to check out loads of cute old photographs and I got to know a lot more info about my family history, I'm hopefully going to make a family tree for my mum, which will be really cool! I also managed to grab a couple of items from her wardrobe before we sieved through of what to bin and what to donate. This midi skirt being one of the items! I love this skirt, reminds me of my Grammy and I also love the length and flow to it, I definitely need to invest in some more skirts like this. Its a tad big around the waist so I've paired it with a brown belt to hold it up and one of my mums black tops. I really like the style of this black top, however its REALLY old and used to have a glitter flower on it, which is why I nicely included a boob shot in the photos for you ... lucky buggers, hehe. 
I actually didn't want to wear this with my converse but because I'm back at home for longer than I planned, I haven't got much stuff with me however they did the job nicely.

This was an ideal outfit to wear for David's band practice, something long enough to cover my legs sat down and comfy to wear. My new leather jacket made an appearance too, that's right I am now FINALLY an owner of a leather jacket, I don't know how I've managed without one until now.
If you follow me on instagram then you would have seen that the other day I purchased one of the new One Direction lipsticks ;) ooh get me. I will do a full post with my thoughts about it soon, here's a quick selfie showing you the colour of Harry's lipstick 'Be Mine'

Hope you've all had a better week than me! What do you think to my outfit?

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Grandma, hope you & your family are okay.
    Your skirt is lovely!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete