Saturday 29 June 2013

REVIEW // Maybelline Colorshow Polka Dots in Rainforest Canopy

I'm a little slow on this bandwagon. I have heard only great things about the Limited Edition Maybelline Colorshow Polka Dot collection, which is available in four colours (Shooting Stars, Rainforest Canopy, Chalk Dust and Speckled Pink) and so far I'm not enjoying them as much as everyone else seems to be...
I was really excited to try these glitter/confetti nail varnishes. I only bought one shade, Rainforest Canopy, in this collection to try it out, admittedly I do wish I'd got the Shooting Stars shade however when I popped in to Superdrug there was literally none left so Rainforest Canopy it was.

I've tried this a couple of times now, and still having doubts about it but I'm going to try layering it on top of another nail varnish next.
First of all, I really like this colour, even though I wish I bought the Shooting Stars shade, I still really like this colour. If you have me on Instagram then you would have seen the post of my nails and my matching gym trousers, I have a couple of dresses the same colour too definitely a favourite of mine.
I found the nail varnish easy to apply, a little difficult around the sides of the nail but that's not much of a problem, and I love how quick it takes to dry, literally seconds.
I advise about 2-3 coats depending on the look you want to go for, I have been applying 3 coats as I like the green base to be fully covered, however I think that this is where the problem is. Every time I've painted my nails, they chip and peel off SO easily, it literally doesn't last over a day or two, which is what really annoys me. You are also best of peeling the nail varnish off (yes, I know its bad for the nail but it literally peels off) than using remover as it just takes the colour away and leaves the speckles on the nail, and then the cotton wool rips which is just a lot more effort!

I have been applying a topcoat onto my nails after they have dried to make sure they stay down and to give a more smoother texture, to stop the hex glitter catching on anything and everything.
I'm still a bit unsure about this nail varnish, I have just applied 2 coats and that seemed to last a bit longer. I've also found after painting my nails only a couple of times, I seem to have used just under half of the 7ml bottle already but for £2.99 I suppose it's not that bad!

Have you had the same troubles with Colorshow Polka Dots or are you loving it?
Link me your reviews!


Don't forget to follow us on Blog Lovin', add us in your circle on Google+ on the right side bar, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.


9 comments:

  1. I've found this with glitter polishes generally, they tend to chip quite easily. If you have a plain polish that's a similar colour, try layering over that so you don't need as many coats :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will definitely try that! :) xx

      Delete
  2. that looks like such a pretty colour!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. great nail polish!

    http://themissore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like something pretty!

    Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC? Take a look in my blog and let me know! www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award if you're interested! xx

    http://beatricenotyetlost.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/liebster-award-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm I've been wary about this polish too!ive tried similar and not been impressed!

    ReplyDelete